[Nfbf-l] Beep Baseball Teams In Florida

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Feb 14 05:02:32 UTC 2011

It has been quite a few years since I played beep baseball, but I
will try to remember.  The rules are somewhat different from regular
baseball, so while it isn't the same exactly, it can be fun.

The pitcher is on the same team as the batter.  AS he/she releases
the ball he/she says pitch, or something to let you know it is on its
way.  The pitcher tries to put the ball where he/she knows you tend
to swing, and as you get your timing down you can hit it.

There are two bases, first and third, each is a cone that
buzzes.  When you get a hit, the umpire turns one base on, and you
run there and touch it.  If one of the fielders reaches the ball, and
controls it before you make it to the base, you are out, and if you
make it before he/she controls the ball, you get a run.

Dave