[Nfbf-l] What's happening? fund-raisers

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 18:07:37 UTC 2011

Hello everyone
What's going on with fund raising out there?

Just to get it started, the Jacksonville Chapter held our first bowl-a-thon last October.
We really didn't collect a lot of pledges, but we charged a minimum per person to bowl. The bowling alley was almost full. People seemed to feel it was a fair price and had a great time.
There were lots of prize giveaways as well. We hope to make this an annual event.

We are currently having a netbook computer raffle.
Tickets are one for $3.00 or 2 for $5.00, let me know if you would like tickets.
We will have tickets at the blind driver challenge.
The netbook is an Acer with a 10.1 inch monitor 160GB hard drive and 1GB RAM Windows 7.

I know some chapters and divisions have had some fund-raisers going on, so please share with the rest of us.

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Fundraising Committee Chairperson
Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer
minichiellog at comcast.net