[Nfbf-l] Get Ready NFBF!!! National Convention Orlando manyyears to come!!!

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:51:09 UTC 2011

Matt, there are sidewalks to the main road,  about a half mile walk. The
Brown cars will take you to publix for$ 5. There are a lot of restaurants
within a mile.  All one would have to do is take the free shuttle to the
overflow hotel, then either walk to the restaurant of your choice. Orlando
was selling thumb drives with all the hotel and local menus and
transportation info included.

Holly

On Jul 8, 2011 12:21 AM, "Matt Roberts" <blindbiker at yahoo.com> wrote:

On Jul 7, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Tara Prakash Tripathi wrote:

> What did you not like about this hotel?
I found the layout extremely confusing.  I spent 1 hour just trying to get
from the registration table to the elevators leading to my room.  When
you're trying to figure out where you are, where you want to go, and dodge
people it's difficult.  I have no problem traveling, but from what i can
tell there are no landmarks.  A week is not enough time to learn this hotel.
 I'd need to spend a lot of time, and practice over and over.  I'm with some
friends and one of them is sighted.  I do let him guide me, but I should be
able to pick up routes, since we always go the same way.  NOt this hotel!
The food is very expensive, and there aren't any eating establishments
nearby.  If you want to not pay a lot of money for food, you need a car.  I
know Publix is across the street, but you have to get out to the road.  With
my physical disability, I would not risk trying to walk that far, especially
when no sidewalks exist.

Matt Roberts blindbiker at yahoo.com