[Nfbf-l] re joined nfb and colorado

Josh Kennedy jkenn337 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 17:55:11 UTC 2011

Hi

yes hard work is right. I had to fight for a year to get voc rehab to
send me to the colorado nfb center for good independence training. and
after failing at college twice... not because I was unable to do the
work, but due to major accessibility issues I still did not give up. I'm
here at lions world not because I believe in their philosophy of
blindness no no no. I'm here to get my cirtifications and apply for
jobs, get a good looking professional resume which I have accomplished,
and then apply for jobs, get one, and move my family consisting of my
wife and son to Florida. Once in florida my wife who is also blind will
have to use what mobility skills she has, and learn new ones in order to
work with me to go shopping, and live life and enjoy florida, so we can
live, work, and play. I can teach her mobility as we go along in our
lives. after all I got training from the ccb so why can I not teach her
what I learned? unfortunately as long as we live beside my in-laws I
don't think such nfb style training will be possible.
my wife's most recent excuse for why my in-laws don't invite me anywhere
is because she says I am mean to them. if being mean? if that is defined
by the fact that I want what is best for my family which consists of me,
my wife LuAnn, and son, Aaron, then I guess that's how it has to be.
Right now in PA we pay $625 for rent plus $400 for oil for heating and
hot water 8 or so months out of the year, on a yearly SSI income of
about $12000 or so. It is very important that we move because the city
of Reading PA is going no-where fast, no jobs, no volunteer
opportunities I looked, didn't find any. So therefore I need to move as
soon as I can. Ever since I was little I wanted to live near the beach
and or ocean. Well Florida will give me that chance plus I can take some
sort of public transportation and get to the beach on weekends. or make
friends at local churches, banks or grocery stores and other places.

Josh