[Nfbf-l] accessable games?

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 12:45:03 UTC 2011

Bill, here are some:
From: "D. O'Connell" <navy1vet at verizon.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [BattingTheBreeze] Fw: New!-7-128 Computer Games For Blind/Visually
Impaired Gamers
Date: Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:05 PM

FYI

Here is a new product from
7-128m Software Simply Entertainment---
Borealis Edition for Blind and Visually Impaired Gamers
There  are 8 text based Games included in this edition that use large print.
FREE on-board GameVoiceT SAPI self-voicing speaks text and controls
and  games work with JAWS  or ZoomText.
Background music can be turned off.
Installation programs are accessible too!

 Eight fun, engaging blind accessible games, which are self-voiced using
your computer's SAPI voice, and compatible with JAWS screen reader.*
You get 2 Inspector Cyndi in Newport  interactive mystery-solving games,
which cast you as a detective with the Newport, RI police department circa
1890.
Your job is to solve the crimes, with the help of clues from Inspector
Cyndi.
Two puzzle games, Orchestra and Snowflake, challenge your memory and
pattern-matching skills.
4  word games to challenge your vocabulary.
Lots of fun for blind gamers and sighted friends and family.
System Requirements:  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7;    Pentium 166MHz or
faster;   Memory--at least 256 Mb RAM;  Hard disk storage 100 Mb;  screen
resolution 1024 X 768 or greater;  CD ROM or DVD if installing from CD
*Note:  The JAWS screen reader does not work under 64-bit Windows 7 or Vista
with any software that is written in Java language, including our games.
However, all of our games self-voice using your computer's SAPI voice.

Game Descriptions:

Inspector Cyndi in Newport Games
Newport, Rhode Island in the 1890's is the summer home to the Astors,
Vanderbilts, and Morgans, the Worthingtons, Statelys, and the Huffingtons.
You are a Detective with the Newport Police. Inspector Cyndi is a world
famous crime solver on loan from Vienna, in the Austro-Hungarian Empire,
here to
assist you.
Travel around Newport questioning witnesses. Meet the wealthy families who
inhabit the mansions on Bellevue Avenue, their servants, and the Irish
immigrant
community that lives in the rest of the city.
Identify the Culprit. Determine their Motive, Opportunity, and Method. Solve
the crime.

Inspector Cyndi in Newport - The Unfinished Symphony
Ages 10 to Adult
Mrs. Worthington's toy symphony was going along splendidly until the trumpet
player keeled over into the potted palm. Constable Duffy suspects foul play!
Was it Miss Alice Chalmers, the French teacher? Or one of the unhappy hired
musicians. Was it the Graphin Josepha von Vogelhuber? And just what is a
Graphin,
anyway?

Inspector Cyndi in Newport - When Irish Spies are Smiling
Ages 10 to Adult
Who stole Mr. Holland's submarine? Was it those Irish nationalists, up to
their tricks again?

You'll have to ask Fineus the Fiendish Fenian, if you can find him. Murphy
at the Hibernians might have a word or two to contribute.
And then there's the question of who was singing down at the Torpedo Station
the night of the 23rd.
Your nation needs your detective skills to solve this mystery. Are you up to
it?
Question witnesses and suspects around Newport. Maybe Inspector Cyndi can
offer you some help.

Tyler Games
Challenge your memory, your pattern matching skills, your spatial strategy.
Master the Tyler puzzles - Entertaining mind exercises that challenge your
brain, not your twitch.
Easy to play, at the first level. Maddening at the tenth level.

Orchestra
The instruments play when you select them. But can you remember their
original order?
Orchestra challenges your spatial memory.
There are ten levels, each with an increasing number of objects to remember
and place in their original sequence.
Of course, you could select the Easy button and reduce the number by half.

Snowflake
Ages: 7 to Adult
Strengthen your memory.
In this game a Snowflake is an ordered set of images or numbers.
You memorize the Snowflake.
Then you select the Snowflake you memorized from a set of Snowflakes.
It's easy when there are just two small Snowflakes.
But can you do it when there are FIVE very complex but similar Snowflakes to
choose from?
And can you do it against the clock?

WOOPLE Games
Word games to challenge your mind and vocabulary.

Scrambled Sayings
Ages: 10 to Adult
Our culture has a lot of sayings. You'll find old favorites here, as well as
many you've never heard before.
Unscramble each word to find out what the saying is.
Then you get another saying.
You never know when something you learn here might be useful.

The Definition Game
Ages: 10 to Adult
How sharp is your knowledge of what words mean?
The Definition game will improve your understanding of the meaning of words.
Select the definition that best fits with the displayed word.
If you guess wrong, the game lets you try again until you get it right.
Though you do lose points.
Speed and accuracy will give you the highest score

Longest Word
Ages: 10 to Adult
How many words can you make with the eight letters you are given.
Longer words give you more points and you can use each letter more than
once.
This is a race against that clock.

Word Builder
Ages 10 to Adult
You get eight letters.
You can use each letter only once.
How many words can you make with those letters?
And the clock is ticking down!
****
Suggested Retail Price: $39.99
Your Mice Price: $34.99
Use This Link To Order Now Just in Time For Christmas:
http://www.blindmicemart.com/product.asp?dept_id=11064&pfid=7-128BE
****
Last Day to Order For Christmas
is Sunday, , December 19th!
****
Have a MICE Christmas!
****
Order On-line at Blind Mice Mart
www.BlindMiceMart.com

or
Order by Phone:
(713) 893 7277
Order by Skype:
Skype Address: BlindMiceMart
E-mail a message to the Mice!
blindmicemart at att.net
Have you visited the Blind Mice Movie Vault?
There are over 1,800 described audible movies waiting for you!
And did we mention they are Free for all Blind Mice Members!!
http://www.blindmicemart.com/assets/product_images/movies2.html
Blind Mice Mart accepts major credit cards, PayPal, money orders, and your
check!
Every purchase at Blind Mice Mart benefits the Mouse Hole Scholarship
Program!
You have received this notice because you are a registered member at Blind
Mice Mart. If you do not want to continue to receive future notices please
go
Blind Mice Mart
and log into your account.
Select "Preferences" at the bottom of the page and then select the "No
Mail" feature.
If you wish to cancel your Blind Mice Mart Membership, please
E-mail the Mice
and request that they cancel your membership.
Prices and charges are subject to change without notice.
All prices are exclusive of applicable shipping charges and Texas sales
taxes unless otherwise noted.
We ship to U.S. addresses only unless otherwise noted.
*Free Shipping Specials will be shipped Ground and are available for U.S.
Mainland addresses only.
Contact us with questions about shipping to other locations.
sales at blindmicemart.com
Make sure you don't miss out on any news from Blind Mice Mart!
Add our e-mail address to your address book now! info at blindmicemart.com
Your Satisfaction is important to us at Blind Mice Mart! If you are not
satisfied with a purchase, contact our owner, Dale Campbell, directly:
E-Mail Dale directly!
Dale at blindmicemart.com
Phone: 713 893 7277

Blind Mice Mart