[Nfbf-l] pedestrians in tampa metro area

Josh Kennedy jkenn337 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 01:06:46 UTC 2011

Hi

My roommate here at lions world who is from tampa, not an nfb member
gave hints about the tampa area being dangerous for pedestrians to walk
around. So for those of you on this list who have been to tampa. How is
it for pedestrians? With propper training, like the training program I
have graduated from at the colorado center for the blind fb, would it be
safe and ok for me to walk around tampa with my cane and gps and by
using the skills I learned at ccb for me to be relatively safe?
thanks,

Josh