[Nfbf-l] Fw: Florida May Repeal Red-Light Cam Law?

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 01:08:39 UTC 2011

What can we do to keep the red light cameras? Being as they only take the
picture of a car when it is breaking the law, I hardly consider them a
violation of privacy. Security cameras are almost ubiquitous, these days,
and most of us do not consider their judicious use to be a violation of
privacy. We all have to remember that driving an automobile is a privilege,
not a right. If, I wrong about that. Then where is my driver's license?
Better yet, why should I need one?

Dan

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.
Not to dare is to lose oneself."
                 - Soren Kierkegaard
Behalf Of
> Patricia A. Lipovsky
> Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 7:10 PM
> To: NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [Nfbf-l] Fw: Florida May Repeal Red-Light Cam Law?
>
> Well Stated, David.  I couldn't agree with you more.  The reasons being
> given for the removal of these cameras are bogus as far as I'm concerned.
> The ones that are complaining are the ones that don't want to get caught
> breaking the law.

We
> > can not afford to have officers waste their time waiting at a light for
> > someone to break the law for which drivers break it far more that they
get
> > caught.  The cameras are there and they are an unbiased witness to the
> > crime.  The fact that it takes your picture is up to each and every
person
> > who drives.  The camera doesn't lie for anyone and claiming that it is
> > there as a "trap" to catch the innocent driver is bogus.  If you don't
> > trip the camera, it won't take your picture the length of the light is
set
> > by standard to the speed of the street the light guards.  These are the
> > poor claims of the guilty that have been caught in their own folly.
> > People break the Law, not the cameras.
> >
> > David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/plipovsky%40cfl.rr.c
om