[Nfbf-l] NFBF 2011 State Convention News

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 01:48:21 UTC 2011

A message from Pinellas Chapter President, Mike Lamb,

   On behalf of the Pinellas Chapter NFB, we are looking forward to hosting
the NFBF State Convention on May 28, 29, and 30, 2011; at the Hilton hotel
downtown St. Petersburg.  It is a great hotel overlooking Tampa Bay and
conveniently located near several restaurants, a grocery store, the historic
St. Pete Pier, and 2 blocks from a free shuttle bus on Central Avenue.  The
Hilton is easy to navigate with all the guest rooms, convention meeting
rooms and all other activities located in one building.  Also, located on
the first floor of the Hilton are the main restaurant, a Starbucks, and
small convenience store.

   We will be celebrating this event in memory of 3 sadly missed chapter
members, David Anspach, our former chapter president, his wife Tammy Anspach
and Bonnie Prescott, beloved wife of our long term member Paul Prescott.
They were very active members and left 3 very big pairs of shoes to fill.
David and Tammy were very big fans of 1980's music. So, the 80's will be the
theme for this year's 2011 convention.  The number 8 is going to become a
very significant number over the next 8 weeks.  You will have to stay tuned
to find out what we mean.  In the meantime, brush up on your MTV; get out
your parachute pants, floppy shirts, Padded shoulder attire, and get ready
for "big" hairdos.

Sincerely, Mike, Lamb, Pinellas NFB Chapter president