[Nfbf-l] Crazy eighty's additional info

Denise Valkema valkemadenise at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 01:10:14 UTC 2011

How cool!

-- Sent from Denise's Palm Pre
On Mar 29, 2011 9:07 PM, Dan Hicks <danjhicks at yahoo.com> wrote:

Yep, it was the first door prize I had ever won at a national convention,

and my last fo several years. I won $25.00 and a container of volcanic ash

from Mt. St. Helens, and a 45 RPM record. I still have the ash somewhere.

Dan

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.

Not to dare is to lose oneself."

                 - Soren Kierkegaard

Behalf Of

> Sherri

> Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:47 PM

> Subject: Re: [Nfbf-l] Crazy eighty's additional info

> I remembered the St. Helen's thing because in 1983, I believe it was, Dan

> Hicks won a bottle of volcanic ash.

have

> > feeling this contest is going to be a battle of who's best at accessing

> > technology.  Denise had the answer within 20 minutes of posting.

> >   To answer some other questions, I'm only going to look at posts on the

> > nfb list serve.  In two weeks, I'm going on vacation and other Pinellas

> > chapter members will be posting the questions.  Maybe you 'techies" can

> > give

> > a few of us more technologically challenged people a break in future

> > questions.  Remember Denise, a two answer limit so the rest of us can

have

> > chance.

> >   In the meantime, there were a lot of other questions I wanted to post

> > that are good ones.  For the sake of fun, why don't you guys post your

> > own.

> > For now keep it to the year 1980.  For example,

> >  What natural disaster in the United States killed only 57 people but

had

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/danjhicks%40yahoo.co

Nfbf-l at nfbnet.org