[Nfbf-l] Free Prescription readings from Vision America and cooperating companies!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:08:20 UTC 2011

This might be of interest.

Subject: Free Prescription Information

Great resource.

En-Vision America announced earlier this week the availability of a free
device for gaining accessible prescription information. The ScripTalk
Station is Available to anyone who cannot read the labels on normal
prescription bottles. To learn more, we reached out to Anna McClure,
Marketing and Industry Relations Director for En-Vision America. According
to McClure, Participating pharmacies encode a custom RFID tag with the
information found on the medication, which the device can then read.
En-Vision is fully funding the giveaway without government support and there
is no cost to the customer for using the system. "We understand the urgent
need for a safe, private and independent way for blind individuals to be
able to manage their medications, and because insurance companies,
government health systems and pharmacy chains are not offering any
assistance, we decided that we needed to," said McClure. You can get a list
of participating pharmacies and En-Vision America is willing to help you get
your local pharmacies on board. The start-up fee for pharmacies is minimal,
according to the company. Check the following link for more information.

http://www.envisionamerica.com/2011/03/21/accessible-prescription-label-program-now-free-for-blind-americans/

Regina Brink
Volunteer Coordinator
Society for the Blind
1238 S St.
Sacramento, CA
916-452-8271 Ext. 518
www.societyfortheblin.org

Darragh the Poet
http://www.welcometodarragh.blogspot.com/
916`340`4591
Whose mind shall be blind whom shall not find my mind and my kind that be
blind

Kirk Harmon
President & CEO
Florida Disabled Citizens