[Nfbf-l] contratulations to Holly Idler--happy graduation

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Sun May 1 13:57:18 UTC 2011

Hey Guys,
I did not get a new or additional degree. I did not walk with my class since
Jacy was still a very small baby. Jacy is graduating this year and he
started asking questions about my college graduation. I don't have pictures
to show him or anything from FSU, but the degree. So, I was able to just
through some hoops and got permission to walk during this graduation. It was
nice and I should have done it before, but I have had the experience now and
Jacy was old enough to understand that when you put forth the effort you get
the rewards. He loved wearing my cap. I really wish I could have kept it,
but at FSU the cap and gowns are rented and the only things you get to keep
are the Honor cords and the tassel. I am now going to check with Easter
Seals and see if Jacy's class will have tassels, if not, maybe I will find a
place to purchase them for his class. Graduation should be a big deal,
regardless of what else is going on in ones life. I should have walked in
2006 but felt the glory yesterday and having Jacy old enough to understand
made it worth it. He said, "Mommy, I want to wear a cap and gown from FSU
when I grow up, just like you." It brought tears to my eyes.
My mom was the traditional one in the family. She made stuff like this seem
important to us girls. Dad, not so much. But seeing his smile on his face
when I found him after the ceremony  told me that I should have insisted on
participating in 2006 regardless of Jacy's age. I really missed my Mother
being there, but knowing that my family was there made the wait worth it.
And all the hoops that had to jump through worth it too.
We have a cousin graduating from high school this June and Jacy in May. Last
year we went to another high school graduation of a cousin. All
accomplishment should be celebrated! We plan to party hard for all three
graduations with the family in June at Silver Springs.
Thank you everyone, It's a big deal, but I should have done it five years
ago. It was just the walking across the stage wearing a cap and gown.
Holly

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:55 PM, RJ Sandefur <joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com