[Nfbf-l] moving to Florida

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:17:32 UTC 2011

Hi
My name is Josh Kennedy. I just joined this list. I'm from Reading
Pennsylvania, along with my wife, who is blind, and four-year-old son
who is sighted. I'm currently attending Lions World Services for the
Blind, and in late August I will be a+ and network+ certified. There
are no jobs, and no volunteer opportunities in Reading PA. Its a very
small city and it has recently declared bankruptcy. Over the past two
years I've been searching for other possible places to move to. This
list included Philadelphia, Baltimore, among a few other cities. I did
not however take into account the cost of living in those cities. In
the end and after lots of research I chose the Tampa Bay area. Its
near the ocean. I've always wanted to live and work near the ocean and
beach. Cost of living isn't too bad. All reviews that I read about
Tampa are positive good reviews. I took a look at hartline. Tampa's
transit system. Busses run more frequently than they do where I live
at now.
So if anyone knows of any help desk or desktop support jobs in the
Tampa or St. Petersburg or Clearwater area can you let me know? I
still have to work with the career counselor to get my resume updated
and looking ok. I am very much looking forward to moving to Tampa if
possible.

Josh