[Nfbf-l] Here is a picture of the guys Lynx wants to hire for Orlando

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Wed May 25 23:32:07 UTC 2011

Proposed Contractor for Lynx, Board meeting tomorrow at 3 PM Lynx Central
Station.
Subject:
Memorandum _II February 10, 2010
Honorable Dennis C. Moss,  Chairman
and Members, B rd of County Commissioners
George M.  Burge
County Manag
7---"""'or-
Contracting Update
For thousands of  people across Miami-Dade County, Special Transportation
Service (STS) is a  lifeline to
the world. By linking residents to their jobs, families,  recreation and
healthcare providers, STS helps some
30,000 residents  participate fully in our community.
Last month, the Miami-Dade Police  Department's Public Corruption Unit
arrested 16 individuals; at the
time, 13  were current and three were former employees of Advanced
Transportation  Solutions, LLC (ATS),
the private company hired by the County to provide STS,  and/or its
subcontractors. The criminal charges
represent disturbing levels  of abuse and the possible theft of public
funds. I notified the Board of  these
arrests on January 13, 2010 (Attachment 1), indicating that we were
beginning an aggressive process to
identify options for continuing to provide  STS with new vendors that are
not implicated in the criminal
probe.
Mayor  Alvarez and I were both disappointed and deeply concerned when we
learned of  these allegations,
which date back to 2007 and could represent a fraud beyond  that which has
already been publicly
discussed. I know that the Board of  County Commissioners feels as strongly
as we do that such behavior
cannot be  tolerated.
Our highest priority, however, is to ensure continuity of service  for our
STS clients. With only six weeks until
the March 21, 2010, expiration  of ATS's current contract, I am forced to
conclude a short-term  extension
with the company is the County's only viable option at this time. I  make
this recommendation only after
directing staff to explore every  reasonable alternative, including
emergency contracts with alternative  firms
and the temporary or permanent provision of STS by County employees.
Nationally, services as large as
Miami-Dade normally require at least four  months of lead time for a
transition in service, leaving the County
with  little room to activate any alternative while still providing quality
service on  March 22. Approving a sixmonth
extension with ATS will allow us to continue  meeting the needs of our
residents while conducting an
accelerated  procurement to award a new long-term contract.