[Nfbf-l] ideas needed

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Nov 1 00:40:21 UTC 2011

Hi sherri,

Yes, I didn't mention Braille but you are so right.  I was one of those kids
who could 'get by reading print.  I graduated from high school with a third
grade reading ability.  I was just alking to my mother about this yesterday.
I said how disapprointed that the people who were responsible for my
education were so clueless.  Didn't it occur to them that maybe I was so
slow because I couldn't see?

Instead when I was in 7th grade I was put in remedial reading class.  did it
ever occur to them I should learn Braille?

I actually taught myself Braille as an adult and it is a good thing because
I can't read print at all any more.

JODY