[Nfbf-l] Hunger!

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 16 19:00:50 UTC 2011

Dear Peter,

I am sorry to hear of your hard times and I can relate.
Donna and I have been challenged also over the last few years and we are not
out of the woods yet.
First of all, I am not going to bore you with my situation, but I can offer
some ideas.
You can apply for Food Stamps and that can help.
You can visit some of your local food Banks to get free and low cost food.
You can contact your local "211" services to help you find these services
and more.
They may even be able to direct you to some sign up services to get "Food
for Families" and other things.
My local animal shelter has even helped me out with food for our 4 dogs a
couple of times when I did not have the money to feed them.  Your local
Lion's Clubs J.C.'s, Rotary and other community service organizations may be
able to help you out too.
The "211" services usually list agencies and organizations such as churches
and charitable groups that can help you with a wide variety of things if you
just ask.
I use them all of the time to help others as well as myself.
In my house, Donna and I are the only ones working with 3 other disabled
adults living in the house plus 4 dogs.  It has been a real job keeping body
and sole together the last 5 years.
Things seem to be getting better for us lately, but the wolf is still just
outside the door and we are struggleing just to keep the door.

I am glad that you asked for help, as this gives those who are out there,
that have not spoken up and are suffering like you and I under the mess the
Bush administration has put us into, to also speak up and share.
I hope that you can stay employed, but I know that you are resourceful and
will find something if you have to.
Take care my friend and if you need me, call me at (561) 789-2488.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.