[Nfbf-l] Talking TV

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:25:37 UTC 2011

Good afternoon

I found this very exciting news. I have been an advocate of this for some time, which I am sure many of us have been! Enjoy the read, Kirk

I am writing to introduce our Talking TV technology, an advanced digital TV
set top box assistive living solution that has been developed by Ocean Blue
Software and the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB).

~

`Talking TV has been designed to allow blind and partially sighted people to
access their television programme guide and menu items for the first time,
thus being able to enjoy their Digital TV experience.

The talking TV technology will vocalise/speak to the user the following:

. TV content/Information from onscreen TV programme.

. Set up menus and also provides online Help information for a
TV guide

Example Features and Functions:

. European HD TV Compliant standards

. Advanced Text-to-Speech (TTS)

. Simplified User Interface

. Programme Guide/Menu Colour selection

. Variable Text size selection

. Variable Voice speed selection

. TTS beginner/expert mode

. Grid view / List view EPG

. Advanced, tactile remote control

. Female/Male Voice

. Adopted to your country's language

Award Winning Product

The award winning technology is the result of a development project between
Ocean Blue Software and RNIB, the UK's leading sight loss charity. The
technology has won a number of awards including the CSI Award 2011 for Best
Customer Premise Technology (further information here) and an IABM Award for
Excellence in Design and Innovation.

With digital switchover taking place in many countries around the world, the
need to address the issue of accessibility is imminent. For example, as part
of the Digital Switchover scheme the Australian government have invested
millions to provide the elderly with digital Talking set-top boxes that
contain Ocean Blue's award winning, advanced text-to-speech software.

Adapted to your Country's Language

We would like to work with you to adapt the Talking TV into your country's
language, which can then be made available in local set top boxes or
televisions. Consumer Electronic products must be made accessible to all and
most governments endorse and support this initiative. We believe this
technology will become standard in every television and set top box
throughout the world over the next 5 years. We now have Talking STB's in
German and French languages for example.

A video demonstration of our development and a factsheet are from available
here:
http://www.oceanbluesoftware.com/talking-tv-video/49-talking-tv-video-englis

Please contact me to arrange a meeting or for further information.

Regards

Gail Rennolds

Business Support Manager

Ocean Blue Software

ITV Television Centre

Bath Rd

Bristol

BS4 3HG

Tel: +44 (0)117 972 2753

Fax: +44 (0)117 972 3978

AWARD WINNER FOR BEST CUSTOMER PREMISES TECHNOLOGY - CSI AWARDS 2011
<http://www.oceanbluesoftware.com/2011/september-2011/308-csi-awards-2011-oc
ean-blues-talking-tv-technology-wins-highly-commended-award-for-best-custome
r-premise-technology.html>

Click here <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMpJVYWeYGs> to view our new
website video giving you an introduction to our company and products

linkedintwitteryoutube

"WORLD CLASS SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS FOR THE DIGITAL HOME"

Kirk Harmon
1654 Village Center Ddrive
Unit 105
Lakeland, FL 33803