[Nfbf-l] Starbucks and new Braille card!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 02:18:43 UTC 2011

October is National Disability Awareness Month, and this fall we are taking this opportunity to release our first Starbucks Card with Braille lettering.

The Starbucks Card in Braille was first suggested at a community symposium hosted by Starbucks and attended by national disability leaders in 2007. Starbucks partners (employees) from the Starbucks Access Alliance initiated the work internally, and helped bring the first Starbucks Card in Braille to fruition for the 2011 launch.

Starbucks has taken a number of steps to make our stores accessible and welcoming to customers. Our new and remodeled stores include universal design elements, including a lower height counter for beverages. And at participating stores in the U.S. we have offered a large print Braille menu available upon request since 2008.

The reloadable Card is available now at participating Starbucks stores in the U.S. and Canada for a limited time. The Starbucks Card in Braille will also be available online at Starbucks.com/Card and at StarbucksStore.com while supplies last.

fcb-l at ac
Kirk Harmon
President & CEO
Florida Disabled Citizens
for Progress
P.O.Box 61794
Jacksonville, FL 32236
Call  our Toll  Free number: 1-888-955-fdcp
PH(904) 783-9896
Cell: (407) 473-2176
DAV/BVA
Life Member