[Nfbf-l] Fw: Article from Bradenton Herald Obituaries 2012 01 31

Judith Hamilton jrhamilton51 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 22:29:26 UTC 2012

Thanks, Carlos for taking the time to post this.  While I did not know this
young lady.  She accomplished a great deal in a short time.  My condolences
to her family and friends. Judy

of Sheri. She will be mist for many of us who got a chance to know her.

fa-ther on January 29, 2012. A fiercely independent woman who conquered
cancer, Sheri never al-lowed blindness to hold her back. Her devotion to
God brought her a sense of purpose and an ability to persevere through any
hardship. Despite blindness, Sheri pursued passions such as cooking,
painting and pottery. She men-tored disabled children through the Buddy
Break program, served in the National Federation of the Blind, and was an
en-thusiastic member of the Young Adult Couples Group at Church of the
Cross in Bradenton. Her determination to help others with vision impairment
transcend blindness became the crux of her relationship with Tommy
LaMontaine, the love of her life. Sheri helped Tommy overcome blindness by
teaching him to be independent, and Tommy gave Sheri the fulfillment,
happi-ness, and love she had prayed for throughout her life. Sheri is
survived by her loving family from Bra-denton, including par-ents, Lee and
Debbie Siegel; one grandmother, Betty Siegel; three sib-lings, Ashli Van
Pelt (Jonathan), Brittni Man-zione (Gianmarc) and Kristofer Siegel
(Beth-any); two nieces, Annie and Emelia; and boy-friend, Tommy LaMon-taine
of Bradenton. She is preceded in death by grandparents, Robert and Shirlee
Goble of Bradenton. A celebration of Sheri's life will be held at 2:00p.m.
on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 at Northwest Baptist Church, 7913 9th Ave. NW,
Bradenton. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that dona-tions be made to
the Li-ons Club. Burial will be in Sky-way Memorial Gardens. Published in
The Herald on January 31, 2012 Print .fbRecommend { border:none;
overflow:hidden; height:21px; width:130px; } This article is provided to
you as a courtesy of NFB-NEWSLINE® Online for your sole use. The content of
this E-mail is protected under copyright law, and is not to be distributed
in any manner to others; infringement of our non-dissemination agreement is
strictly prohibited. Allowing someone to have access to this material is in
violation of the Terms of Use agreement that you electronically signed when
you signed up for NFB-NEWSLINE® Online. Please do not forward this E-mail
or its attachments to any other person or disseminate it in any manner.
Thank you. The NFB-NEWSLINE® Team.