[Nfbf-l] Important: Submitted for your Approval -- ProposedConstitutional Amendment.

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 01:41:14 UTC 2012

I think we should drop the secret ballot thing. Maybe we could request that
should a standing vote be required, all voters except the vote counters
close their eyes so they can't report later who voted for whom. But really,
my feeling about this is if we are going to vote, we should be okay enough
with our choices to not mind if others know who we voted for. I think the
secret ballot should be stricken from the amendment.

And in the amendment, the word "member" needs to be changed to "members" in
the following sentence. "Secret marked ballots shall be required upon the
request of a
majority of the active member (change to members) present and voting." Also
doesn't secret marked ballot signify the ballot will be handed out already
marked? It is my suggestion to strike the word "marked" from the sentence.
Therefore, the sentence should read:
"Secret  ballots shall be required upon the request of a
majority of the active members present and voting."