[Nfbf-l] Important: Submitted for your Approval --ProposedConstitutional Amendment.

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 13:55:26 UTC 2012

Cathy-Alice, are you even a member of our organization? I thought you were
ACB. And I don't think you have ever attended one of our conventions - or at
least have not legitimately registered for one recently. I prefer to hear
the honest opinions of those who belong to NFBF and who have to sit through
our ridiculously long election process.

I think we need to mature as a group with real purposes in common. I know of
no other state affiliate which uses secret balloting. If you really feel
that the feelings of your friends is more important than the kind of person
you want to lead the organization, then you should probably not be voting in
the first place. Feel free to sit that office out.

Remember that many of us are not just voting for ourselves, but for those
who are not attending but who paid some of the cost of our attending the
convention. I am not in favor of keeping a record of who voted for whom, but
it could be argued that those who stayed at home and contributed to your
attending convention have a right to know how you voted on their behalf.

Dan

"It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars."

                                                     -Garrison Keillor