[Nfbf-l] Changing the Dates of the Convention

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 00:01:11 UTC 2012

Gloria, I think this is a wonderful idea! I have been asking since I came
into the NFBF 15 years ago why do we have it on this weekend when the prices
are high for hotels in this time of year, as well as the family, picnic, and
memorial ccelebrations are so darn  distracting to our convention to feel
the rooms. I believe if we did change it to a winter date, we would resolve
many issues that are now so challenging to us! Hotel rates, members not
being conflicted bbetween missing family and cook outs and city and county
celebrations or go to our convention and discuss a serious agenda of needs.
I know we would get more membership     participation if we did what you
suggest, plus much more that would be to our advantage!  Kirk

Kirk Harmon
DA V national blind chapter
Life member

BVA/FRG
Life member

NFB & FCB
member
" A smile can change a persons life, try it sometime!"