[Nfbf-l] Changing the Dates of the Convention

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Mon May 21 15:44:40 UTC 2012

Looking at the holiday calendar, it does seem like Martin Luther
King Jr. Day weekend is the best option. President's Day in
February would be really close to Washington Seminars and
the Vision Summit in Tallahassee. Then, from Labor Day through
the end of the year, we're faced with peak pricing for accommodations.

I really like the idea of having five to six months between state
and national convention. With the conventions being so close
together as they are now, our interaction with each other tends
to lag between September and late February. State convention
in January and National convention in July gives us the opportunity
to keep momentum and enthusiasm going throughout the year.

Lenora J. Marten
NFB-Florida Secretary
FOPBC President
NFB-Jax Chapter Secretary