[Nfbf-l] Important: Submitted for your Approval --ProposedConstitutional Amendment.

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu May 24 00:36:20 UTC 2012

Dear all,

In the past, we always passed a bag or box down the row or a collector would
hold the bag or box in front of the voter and they would place the ballot in
the bag or box themselves.  The collectors should never touch the ballit.
If I saw someone rip the corner off someone else's ballot, I would report
them on the spot and stop the balet collections till the matter was resolved
and corrected.
The person tampering with a ballot would be dismissed from the NFB for
Conduct Unbecoming to a member.
Even at our chapter elections, we let each member place their ballot
directly into the bag or box so that no one else touches them till they are
counted by at least 3 people.
I would say that we might consider eliminating the lowest vote getters and
go directly to a single run off election between the two top vote getters,
to save time in any 3,4,or 5 candidate races.  This would save paper cards
too.
Only members wearing their convention badges would be given a ballot card to
vote with and different color cards could be used for each office, with no
one other than the election counters knowing the color until the time of the
ballot.
As per policy, no member of the ACB can hold office or be a committee chair
in the NFB at any level.  They can be a rank and file member, but as long as
they are a ACB member, they can not hold an office.
This is like the Republican letting a Democrat make their decisions for them
and would be a conflict of interest.
You would never know just where their loyaltywas.

David Evans, NFBF