[Nfbf-l] Important: Submitted for your Approval --ProposedConstitutional Amendment.

David Clarke dbclarke99 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:19:29 UTC 2012

> "As per policy, no member of the ACB can hold office or be a committee
> chair in the NFB at any level.  They can be a rank and file member, but as
> long as they are a ACB member, they can not hold an office."
>

> I am constantly confused by this reasoning and the "us vs them" mentality.
>  Has nothing changed since the 1960s?

Below is a partial list of the organizations in the United States that
service the Blind and visually-impaired  (I have left
out ophthalmology organizations and removed Canadian Organizations).

American Council of the Blind

American Foundation for the Blind

American Macular Degeneration Foundation

American Printing House for the Blind

Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually
Impaired

The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalomology

Blind Veterans Association

ElderWeb (National Resources for Seniors)

EyeCare America - National Eye Care Project (For Seniors)

Foundation Fighting Blindness

Foundation For Blind Children

Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc.

Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youth and Adults

Jewish Braille Institute of America

Jewish Guild For The Blind

Lighthouse Central Florida

The Macula Foundation, Inc.

Macular Degeneration Foundation

Macular Degeneration Partnership

Macular Degeneration Research

Macular Degeneration Support

National Alliance of Blind Students

National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments

National Association For Visually Handicapped

National Eye Institute

National Federation of the Blind

National Industries for the Blind

The National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
(NICHY)

National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research

National Organization for Rare Disorders

Northwest Association for Blind Athletes

Ocular Nutrition Society

Pilot Dogs, Inc.

Prevent Blindness America

Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic

Research to Prevent Blindness

The Seeing Eye, Inc.

The Statler Center

United States Association of Blind Athletes

Can someone name any OTHER of these organizations prohibiting boards on two
of these organizations, other than ACB(FCB) and NFB(NFBF)?   This list
doesn't even include Lions, for some reason.

Again, this "us vs them" attitude in an age where the blind and
visually-impaired could use a lot of help baffles me.  There is no choice
of loyalty involved.

Dave Clarke