[Nfbf-l] Drink machines

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Thu May 24 18:52:03 UTC 2012

Hi Patricia,

No, I know what boat you mean, but I don't see how this machine could be
made accessible and they have invested a lot in putting these machines in
thousands of restaurants.

It seems the more technology advances the more we miss out.  I just moved to
a house with a touch screen control panel, rather then being able to search
for my bump up dots, it has a capacitive panel that you just touch to
select.  It is extremely sensative.  I put one hand on the off button while
searching for the bump ups, then I cancel the accidental settings and reset
it using the correct button.  I hate it.  It also has a smooth top stove and
I am figuring that out too.  Oh for an old fashioned stove with dial
controls and standard burners.

My old telephone had up and down arrows for ringer volume.  The new phone
has menu controls so you have to access the menu, down arrow to ringer
volume and then up and down and the screen is not accessible.

Our copy machine was the same way.  Push the button and make a copy, now it
is flat screen controls and menu operated.  I think we had our peak of
accessibility in the 90s and now everything is out of control.

As for my fast food order, I figure the end result is what counts and if
take out works, I do it.

JODY

JODY