[Nfbf-l] NFBF 2012 Convention is History

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:35:55 UTC 2012

Dan, I want to commend you and Gloria for several things. First to Gloria
for making sure the financial aspect of the convention went smoothly and for
putting out all those fires that probably occurred during the convention
that we didn't even know about. On another level, I would like to thank you
and Gloria for sharing your suite with our chapter member Marilyn Baldwin to
lessen her financial demands to attend this convention. Were it not for the
two of you and your generosity, I know she would not have made it, and she
did a great job setting up the Minority concerns committee.

I want to thank those who assisted me with my Senior Concerns seminar,
particularly Gloria Hicks and Tom Ryan for doing such a good job speaking to
those who attended.

I want to also thank my son Rhett and his girlfriend Stevie who assisted in
running doorprizes, but more than that, helped get all of us from the train
to the hotel safely with all our luggage intact. Stevie remarked how much
she enjoyed convention and hopes to come back and help out at future ones.

I want to say how much I missed Jim and Kim Ellsworth, but also want to
thank those who filled in on their behalf. Looking forward to seeing both of
you at our next state convention or sooner.

And finally, One observation--leaving a tip for those who serve you. I would
like to encourage all those who did not do so to please consider in future
leaving a tip for those who work so hard to serve us--the drivers, those who
help carry our luggage, bellman, etc. Often, these people aren't paid much
and tips are expected to cover that difference. If we expect to have the
rights of first-class citizenship, we need to take the responsibilities that
go with it. The tip doesn't have to be large, people know many of us are on
limited incomes, but just that little bit extra goes such a long way to say
"thank you".

Thanks again to all for making this such a great convention.