[Nfbf-l] 2012-04 Dining in the Dark Resolution Info

Toni King tkk at samobile.net
Mon Sep 17 18:40:46 UTC 2012

Hello Mark,
I of course can not speak to other DID events but I can ours and I can
assure you if in any way it was a negative or  made one believe that
for a moment you could truly grasp what it is like to be blind or
visually impaired just by eating one meal in the dark I would have no
part of it.
My own family has come away from our event with a better understanding
of what I do for a living and also that in no way could they ever
really understand what life for me is like

We put an awful lot of effort into making sure we focus on what the
blind and visually impaired can and do accomplish with the right
training and technology.
Our website is www.lighthousebigbend.org  and our Dining in the Dark is
going to be November 4th.  We also have an award called the Paula
Bailey award named after a board member who was blind and had lost most
of her hearing yet regained her independence and was a shining example
of what we can do. We give this award out to a visually impaired or
blind individual that has over come the hardship of losing their sight
and regained their independence as well as reached out and made a mark
in the community.  We also have a guest speaker who is blind or
visually impaired as well. The entire night is geared toward our
successes and what we can do and that we are as capable as the rest of
the world, not lesser then, but equal.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read and listen to my response.
Take Care,
Toni King

--
Check out my blog
www.samobile.net/users/tkk/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life
is either a daring adventure or nothing.
   Helen Keller, The Open Door (1957)