[Nfbf-l] National Sleep Foundation has new website to increase public awareness of sleep disorders

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 5 09:36:21 UTC 2013

The National Sleep Foundation has asked us to spread the word about a new website they have just launched to increase public awareness of sleep disorders frequently experienced by people who are blind.  I will paste the text of their announcement below.  Please feel free to share this information with other e-mail lists and publications you have available to you.

Thanks.

Melanie Brunson

Executive Director

American Council of the Blind

Beginning of Text From National Sleep Foundation

Do you know someone who suffers from constantly changing sleep patterns, keeping them from a "normal" schedule? If you know someone who has trouble maintaining a regular job and steady relationships, or participating in activities he or she enjoys due to changing sleep patterns, he or she may have Non-24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder (Non-24). Non-24 is a debilitating circadian rhythm disorder that affects a majority of the totally blind. Unfortunately, awareness for the disorder, even among the blind community, is low.

The National Sleep Foundation has created a comprehensive resource center (non24.sleepfoundation.org) to help you and your loved ones get the facts on what it's like to have Non-24, including symptoms, diagnosis, and management of the disorder.

Visit non24.sleepfoundation.org today.

Find Out:

>  What Non-24 Hour Sleep Wake Disorder is

>  The prevalence of Non-24 among the blind community

>  Which care options are available for blind individuals

>  Lifestyle changes that can be made to manage the disorder

http://non24.sleepfoundation.org

Connect with The National Sleep Foundation:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nationalsleepfoundation

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sleepfoundation

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sleepfoundation

Melanie Brunson, Esq.

Executive Director

American Council of the Blind

With Best Regards,

Alan

Miami, Florida

Visit the hottest, most happening place around on the web.
Where the blind community will be inspired and entertained!
It's the BlindCafe.net
And it's a great place to learn, laugh, chat and make long lasting friendships with people from around the world.
There is always someone to greet you with a friendly smile night and day. It's totally free! Come and try out our awesome   music, trivia games, tutorials, and interactive chats, and a whole lot more!
It's totally accessible and easy to use.
For more info, please Visit us at www.BlindCafe.net
That's
www.BlindCafe.net
It's the site where our members matter