[Nfbf-l] Dear Friends, Great News! - USABA Recognizes USBCA And Chess as a "Sport"!

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 19 01:18:53 UTC 2013

Dear Friends,
I wish to share some exciting news  with you below in another message is my
announcement to our group, the United States Braille Chess Association.
The United States Association of Blind Athletes      (USABA) has finally
recognized the United States Braille Chess Association or just USBCA and
Chess as a Sport!
It has taken several years of working with their Executive Officers, but
they finally understand, there is "No luck of the draw, no throw of the
dice, no luck whatsoever"!
It is just like wrestling, person against person, except we do it with our
minds against minds, and not our arms and legs!
I spend much time and effort in promoting Chess to Blind or Visually
Impaired people and I am delighted with the recognition finally, of the
USABA with Chess as a Sport.
Here is part of our USBCA Promo if some are interested, and for those who
are, I will tell you how you can receive at absolutely no cost to you, a
Correspondence Course: "Chess For Beginners" which includes a full size,
highest quality "Tactile" or call it an "Adaptive Chess Set", some call them
"accessible Chess Sets". , also completely free of cost to you.
And in my signature, you can find our United States Braille Chess
Association Web Site Home address!
"The Gymnastics of the Brain" or "The Martial Arts of the Mind" feel the "
Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat" or just have lots of fun, a
fantastic hobby, wonderful inexpensive recreation, playing Blind or sighted
people alike.
A great way to meet others, take this games of Kings to whatever level you
like!
For more information, contact:
Alan Dicey
adicey at bellsouth.net
With Best Regards,
God Bless
Alan
Plantation, Florida
Alan Dicey, Vice President
"Yes, Blind and Visually Impaired People, Can, and Do, Play Chess!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://AmericanBlindChess.org