[Nfbf-l] Most recent update for Jim Ellsworth

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:40:14 UTC 2013

Journal
Notifications

49 minutes ago

Yesterday, Jim was admitted to Moffitt hospital in order to receive part B
of the Hyper-CVAD treatment. This admission had been planned in advance;
however, there was a slight possibility that part B would be delayed since
Jim missed "day 11" of his chemotherapy due to him being so sick and his
hospitalization at St. Anthonys. However, upon going over jim's counts and
assessing his overall health, Dr. Sotomayor saw no reason not to continue
with the treatment.

Honestly, Jim's demeanor completely changed when finding out that he was
going back in the hospital. He was very sad and he wanted to come back home.
Again, please pray for Jim. Pray that God grants him the strength once more
to get through yet another round of chemo. We were told upfront that he will
very likely get mucositis again as this is an adverse effect of the
chemotherapy. Please pray that he will heal quickly from this; and that the
meds they have him on for this will help to lessen the discomfort. Also,
please pray today and tomorrow that he drinks lots of fluids, particularly
water, so that his system can flush out the Methotrexate. This is one of the
meds that he is receving in high doses over a 24-hour period. It is a highly
acidic drug and while they are giving him a high volume of special fluids
which will help to counteract the acidity levels and bring the levels back
down in his body, it will help speed the process up if he drinks copious
amounts of fluids. This will indeed be a challenge for jim because he doesn't
like drinking water; and, he doesn't intake enough fluids on a daily basis
to begin with. And last, please say a special prayer for our family that we
may all stay strong and that we are granted some extra strength to deal with
the complex emotions that we are all experiencing at this time.

In conclusion to this update, I want to thank everyone for all of the
wonderful birthday greetings that we received on our birthday and over the
weekend. We so very much appreciated them. We are truly blessed to have such
awesome friends, a loving family, and supportive co-workers. May everyone
have a great day.

Kim

heart

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com