[Nfbf-l] most recent update on Jim

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 22:48:23 UTC 2013

A Bit Of Improvement
Written 5 hours ago

Good afternoon, I am going over to the hospital to visit with jim in a few
minutes; thus, I will keep this brief. Jim seems to be doing a little bit
better. He's much more communicative; and, he even said that he wants to get
out of there. Thus, he's back to his fighting self. He has been seen by an
ear, nose and throat doctor. After a scan on his throat, it has been
determined that jim has esophagitis. He also has thrush. These things can
make a person quite miserable and cause a great deal of throat pain. He
continues to be treated with antifungal and antibiotics. He was able to eat
some applesauce today; which, is the first thing he's had to eat since
Wednesday morning. He hasn't run a fever since yesterday. His white cell
count has only increased to 0.3; still not good. Thus, he cannot continue
with his chemotherapy treatment until this comes up more. Hemoglobin is
around 9.6. He says that he thinks he won't be able to leave the hospital
until his WBC count comes up and he's able to eat and keep food down.
Overall, he seems to be improving a little; and, I for one, am so relieved.
I have been worrying about him and lately, have resorted to drinking too
much coffee and tea; which in turn, causes me not to sleep well. I'm not
sure that he is quite ready for phone calls; he still doesn't want me to
bring his PlexTalk. Says he just isn't interested in doing much. So, we'll
just take it a little at a time and be thankful for the small improvements.
KIM
Sent from CaringBridge iPhone App

Amped

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com