[Nfbf-l] latest update for Jim Ellsworth

JamesPJ at aol.com JamesPJ at aol.com
Tue Oct 29 17:05:44 UTC 2013

Sherri,

Once aging  thanks for the updates, we are continuing to  pray for Jim, Kim
and family.

James

In a message dated 10/29/2013 11:48:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
flmom2006 at gmail.com writes:

I know  all of you will continue to keep Jim in your prayers. Here's the
latest  and it sounds better.

Sherri

Good morning, Jim's white cell  count is now up to 3.5. This is a jump from
yesterday's 1.3. When I went  to visit him on Sunday, I learned that they
were giving him his Neupogen  injection in the same area every day. I
politely mentioned that I thought  that one is suppose to alternate the
injection site. This led to a  conversation with the nurse about getting
the
injection in the stomach  where it is thought that better absorption
occurs.
Turned out, my dear  husband had been apprehensive about receiving the
injection in the  stomach; however, the nurse and I did eventually convince
him to try it. I  remembered that he used to get them there last year when
he'd
been in the  hospital. Now, he is convinced that he will let them give him
his shots  there without worry. Today, he will be having a procedure called
EGD -  esophagogastroduodenoscopy. This is to find out if they can see what
is  going on with his esophagus. They know he has esophagitis; however,
sounds  like they want to make sure there isn't anything else going on in
that  area. You can learn about EGD at the following:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003888.htm We pray that
the
procedure is uneventful; and that, there are no surprises. We also  pray
that
he will be able to come home either tomorrow or the next day. He  is
extremely fed up with being in the hospital and is very much homesick.  Kim
Sent from CaringBridge iPhone App

Sherri

Character is the  side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do,  what you say and how you act when you think no
one
is paying  attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline  Chair