[Nfbf-l] Praise Pours In For Dairy Queen Manager Who Helped A Blind Man

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 22 20:00:49 UTC 2013

Praise Pours In For Dairy Queen Manager Who Helped A Blind Man
by Mark Memmott
September 20, 2013
Today's good-guy award goes to Joey Prusak of Hopkins, Minnesota .
Prusak, a Dairy Queen manager, back on September 10 saw a woman pick up a
$20 bill that a blind customer dropped. When Prusak told her to give it
back, she refused.
So, the 19-year-old manager refused to serve her. He then took $20 of his
own money and gave it to the visually impaired customer.
Prusak's good deed might have gone unnoticed. But, as KARE-TV reports :
"Other customers saw what happened and one of them wrote an email to Dairy
Queen.
The email was forwarded to the owner of the store, who posted it on the
board for everybody to see.
"A co-worker was impressed by what happened and posted the message on
Facebook, where others found it and shared it. Joey's story is now all over
the Internet."
The story filtered up to billionaire Warren Buffett, whose Berkshire
Hathaway Inc. owns Dairy Queen. "He called [Thursday] and thanked me for
being a role model for all the other employees and people in general,"
Prusak tells The Associated Press.
The wire service adds that Dean Peters, a spokesman for International Dairy
Queen, said the company is figuring out how to reward Prusak.
Others aren't waiting.
CBS Minnesota says that :
"While WCCO was on-site [Thursday], a woman ran up to Prusak with an
envelope of money saying it was for his college fund. Then an anonymous man
from Crystal dropped in. 'I thought it was pretty amazing, so I drove down
here after I read it,' he said.
'I decided I'd patronize their business and thought he deserved five times
what he paid out.' ...
"Prusak was on Glenn Beck's radio show, and Beck offered to buy a franchise
that Prusak would run. Prusak's not sure how serious he was, but he's got a
lot of options to weigh.
"He also got a call from the Minnesota Wild, too. He'll have a suite for 20
of his closest friends Saturday night."

--
With Best Regards,
God Bless,
Alan
Plantation, Florida
Visit the hottest, most happening place around on the web. Where the blind
community will be inspired and entertained!
It's the BlindCafe.net and it's a great place to learn, laugh, chat and make
long lasting friendships with people from around the world.
There is always someone to greet you with a friendly smile night and day. It's
totally free! Come and try out our awesome stereo    music rooms, trivia
games, Chess Chats, Act in one of our Mystery Plays, Share your talent with
us, receive I-Phone Lessons and updates, we offer     tutorials on an array
of programs, we have over 600 described movies for you to listen to at your
convenience, Revisit a classic described T V show such as Leave it to
Beaver, Mash, Alf, Andy Griffith, Bonanza, Brady Bunch, dragnet,  Gilligan's
Island, Green Acres, Jefferson's, Little House on the Prairie, The Munsters,
W.K.R.P in Cincinnati, The Walton's    and many more television programs!
Or just come on in anytime 24 / 7 and join us for an interactive chat and a
whole lot more!
It's completely free, totally accessible and easy to use.
For more info, please Visit us at
www.BlindCafe.net
That's
www.BlindCafe.net
It's the site where our members matter the most!