[Nfbf-l] Blind Man Attacked and Robbed in Hartford, Guide Dog Knocked Unconscious August 8

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 9 21:21:14 UTC 2014

That may be the most disturbing incident of it's type I've ever heard about.
Dog's have a pretty heavy skull and it would really take a lot to knock a
dog unconscious.  I'm guessing that since there were such thug's who
committed the crime they felt pretty confident they could pull it off but
they were obviously pretty afraid of the dog so I wouldn't be surprised if
they thought it was dead.  Such a terrible thing to do to someone and they
probably didn't get much for their trouble.  Many people don't even carry
hard currency these days using a bank card or credit card to pay for
everything.

Sadly I am sure his dog will never work again and who knows if it will ever
be the same dog period.  I will pray for the man and his dog.  He probably
felt quite confident in his surroundings that no one would bother him
especially because of his dog.

May God bless them,
Jim Ellsworth