[Nfbf-l] FW: [DB-Fishbowl] Fwd: [PSDBC] Food Accessibility Petition Followup

Darlene Laibl-Crowe dlaiblcrowe at att.net
Tue Jan 14 20:41:14 UTC 2014

Hello!  Can you help out with a petition?  This is so that the packages that are hard for us to read can be more accessible for us.

Thanks in advance for your help! Read below.

	Subject: [PSDBC] Food Accessibility Petition Followup

	Hi folks,

	We're not going to get the 100,000 signatures we wanted for the petition
	I created last month to ask the US Government to mandate accessible food
	packaging labels for our visually-impaired consumers.

	However, this is not exactly a bad thing.  I never really believed we
	would get to 100,000.  But, I did want to see a significant number of
	signatures so that I can use the weight of that when I continue to
	campaign to the US Department of Agriculture.  This is too important a
	topic for us.

	For the petition to become legitimized, it must reach 150 signatures.
	We have 92 signatures now.  Can you help us by signing the petition and
	spreading the word to others to sign and get us over the 150 mark?  Once
	we reach 150, I will have the extra weight that we need to push this
	initiative forward.

	Independent food shopping needs to be a right, not a dream, for all of
	us who are DeafBlind, Blind, or low-vision.

	Petition is here:
	https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-our-nations-foods-accessible/drKkVv0X

	Thanks,
	Bryen M Yunashko