[Nfbf-l] Blind Student Files Discrimination Suit Against Miami University

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 15 04:30:53 UTC 2014

I know who Aleeha is, and Aleeha I wish you well. :d  I wouldn't be
surprised as this is the second time in as many years that a Florida
university was sued for not providing accommodations to a blind student
that were appropriate.  Like, what was FSU and Miami thinking?  How can
she be a veterinarian?  How?  Not with inappropriate and inefficient
accommodations.  As a Florida State student, I didn't have to take math
courses, but the gestures in conducting were visual and I had to do
them, and I tried, but didn't pass the class.  Sorry, Florida, but your
colleges are backwoods, no offense to Aleeha, but the Florida colleges
and universities just like those all over the country are backwoods and
if they continue this kind of torment against their blind students,
telling them what careers they can do, I think it'll be a shame.  A
shame that Aleeha won't be able to pursue her dreams.  She needs private
instruction with the lawsuit money, and the compensation should be
enough so she can buy a house and all the things she can't get without a
college degree because of the way this university has treated her.
Beth