[Nfbf-l] NFBF convention

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 19:59:33 UTC 2014

Hi Jim and all,

I am surprised not to see a convention summary report from our president or
any board members, but I'll do my best.

Wow, I don't know if I'll remember all who were elected, but here goes.

Dwight Sayer chose not to run for any elected office. Therefore, Peter
Cerullo was ultimately elected First Vice-president. Denise Valkema retains
her seat as second Vice-president for one more year, though her name was
placed in nomination from the floor for first vice-president. Gloria Hicks
was again elected secretary, though Yassen Angelov from the Pinellas chapter
was placed in nomination from the floor. Paul Martinez and Miranda Kilby
were elected to the Board for 2-year positions. Johnnie Slaton was elected
to fill the 1-year position vacated by Peeter Cerullo.
Anil Lewis gave a great banquet speech really culminating in the idea that
we all need to make choices as to which group we decide to belong to in the
case of dual membership.

The seminars were great. I did not attend, but heard many positive reports
on the Tips and Tricks seminar presented by Ryan Mann.

I'm sure others can add a lot more to this report. Jim, you were missed, as
well as others who did not attend. Oh and in my opinion, the banquet food
was actually good this year!

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com