[Nfbf-l] Congratulations to the 2014 "Cash for Two" Raffle Winners!

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 03:01:24 UTC 2014

I want to congratulate the winners of the NFBF "Cash for Two Raffle" for
2014. The drawing took place as part of the 2014 NFB Convention, Sunday,
July 6, 2014, shortly after 12 Noon, at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando.

The winners were:

Ron Cerullo of Daytona Bach, Florida

and

Tekesha Saffold of Riviera Beach, Florida

Each has received (or will receive) $900.00!

Congratulations to the Florida Association of Blind Students! This Division
sold more tickets than any other Chapter or Division. Therefore, in addition
to the money that FABS will receive from the raffle proceeds, this division
will receive a free room at the upcoming NFBF State Convention. The Pinellas
Chapter came in second, by the way.

Congratulations to Tekesha and Ron and a hearty thank you to all the
chapters and divisions that participated. Each chapter and division that
participated will receive some of the proceeds from the raffle, in
proportion to the amount of money each brought in. This amount will be
announced in a few days.

Thank you to Larry Marten and the Fundraising Committee, and to everyone who
sold or purchased tickets. Thank you to Gloria Mills Hicks to kept track of
all the cash, checks, and tickets as they came in - a big and complicated
task. Thank you to Kimberly Christianson for pulling the two winning
tickets.

The video of the raffle drawing is uploading as I write this. I will post
the link to the video shortly.

This raffle was a great success for the National Federation of the Blind of
Florida and for our chapters and divisions

Dan Hicks, President

NFB of Florida

"Not all those who wander are lost."

                           -J. R. R. Tolkien