[Nfbf-l] Please share with others: - Texting to death

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 8 17:29:36 UTC 2014

Dear Friends,
I know we  the Blind do not drive, but we do go in the car with others who
are driving, whether it be our family members, or Sighted Friends or
Associates, or even our "Paratransit" drivers.
Please send this message around, or even just tell your friends and family,
you care for them, and do not want this to happen to them.
With Best Regards,
God Bless,
Alan
Plantation, Florida

Please share with others: - Texting to death
Courtney Ann Sanford,  R. I. P.
Texting to death

Courtney Ann Sanford was a 32-year-old woman from Clemmons, North Carolina.
She was frantically posting "self IES" and "happy comments" on Facebook
while she was driving her car.
Seconds after her last post, Courtney's car crossed the median and hit an
oncoming truck on Business Route 85 in High Point, North Carolina one day
not long ago. Her vehicle ran off the road and burst into flames. She was
pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck hit a tree, but the driver wasn't injured.

Police said Courtney Ann Sanford had her seat belt on, but that it wasn't
properly buckled.
High Point Police Lieutenant Chris Weisner said investigators have ruled out
drugs, alcohol, and speed as being involved in the fatal accident.
Sanford posted her Facebook message at 8:33 a.m., just  seconds before she
rammed the oncoming truck.
"As sad as it is, it is a grim reminder for everyone .
you just have to pay attention while you are driving in the car  and put off
that "Texting" till you stop driving!!
Luckily she rammed a sturdy truck, and not YOU or a soft SUV with a Mom and
full  of kids.
- - -