[Nfbf-l] FW: news story in March access denial by Joe's crab shack

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Fri Jun 27 16:06:23 UTC 2014

Dear All,
	I echo Sherrill's statements here. If someone is denied access with
their service dog because it poses a direct threat or is out of control and
the owner does not take effective action to correct the behavior, the
establishment is within its rights to deny the individual the right to be
accompanied by their service dog but must allow the individual the right to
enjoy the goods and/or services of the entity without the dog being present.
Not knowing the facts in this case, it would not be prudent to pursue this.
This being said, if someone who we know has good control over their dog
would be willing to visit the establishment and, if denied, is willing to
follow through with a formal complaint with local law enforcement, we would
be supportive of this effort. If there is someone willing to do so, please
get in touch with us and we will offer guidance on how to best pursue this
so that there is objective evidence of discrimination.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)
President at nagdu.org
http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!

.