[Nfbf-l] [NFBF-Leaders] Let's Remember those Brothers and Sisters of our Armed Forces This Memorial Day!

Brooke Evans via Nfbf-l nfbf-l at nfbnet.org
Sun May 25 00:20:11 UTC 2014

Thank you Dwight Sayer for prompting my thoughts  posted here.

I  proudly stand in high salute for all who gave, continue to give, their utmost for us.  Each individual soul  serves with a sense of an holy valor and unwavering strength, a strength unknown to the civilian.  It takes a determined resolve, an intangible decision, to answer a call so deep within the heart and mind it cannot be heard, a call that can only be felt.

Bringing any mission to its highest purpose exudes from behind the buttons of our  uniformed Marine, soldier, sailor, airman.
All in the name of peace.

  Let us, from this moment, be empowered by each sacrifice, individually and collectively given since recorded time began.  Yes, let us allow ourselves  to be empowered through these countless lives lost, maimed, wounded, broken and  walking battle worn and scarred.

A new narrative must be born and borne by a new understanding of purpose and mission. The new narrative must produce.   There has not been a new narrative in over eight thousand years, give or take few millennia.  No! Rhetoric recycled has recycled the same end, unfulfilled purpose and mission for Peace with untold lives sacrificed.

  On behalf of "the  other half" who stood, still stand,  behind, beside and always support our uniformed sponsor, my hand over my heart will always be for us.  Us?  Yes, I too am one of you.

  Some of us dutifully kept the home fires burning, some of us  read a telegram, some of us answered the doorbell, some of us spent months, years, in hospitals helping new legs move,   some of us planned a funeral, some of us walk side by side a wounded warrior,  some of us could not cope, some of us died heartbroken, some of us railed against injustices, some of us rallied beyond ourselves to beat the enemy of war,  some of us greeted our brave patriot running with gladness.......and most of us helped each other in needed support.   It  matters not what conflict since the beginning of recorded time.....we, "the other half", still experience all these exact same tribulations  and we all shall suffer until the purpose and it's mission, Peace, is fulfilled.

I know this well, serving my country as "a proud AF other half" over twenty years.

Peace is an inside job!  "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!"

God has Blessed America!  Awaken Active Action Advocates!

"And the rockets red glare...the bombs bursting in air..." Will always fill me with a nostalgic sense of pride as many gave their service under this national anthem.  To truly begin a new narrative of action, I advocate for a new anthem and it is...." I Ain't Gonna Study War No More".
Thank you ALL.

Brooke Evans
NFB StateWide Chapter
Member
NFBF DB Division
Board member
Mom of 4
Gram of 6
Great gram of 7

FDBA
SE Representative
Miami to Melbourne

Good Cheer Magazine
A mag by, for DB.
Chefs Corner Editor

Gavel Club of the Palm Beaches
A Toastmasters International affiliate
Co-Founder  2010

"Unity promotes diversity and achievement.....say I".  bre

Sent from my iPad