[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Fw: Free Webinar Tomorrow Evening

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 00:33:09 UTC 2014

Just passing this along.
----- Original Message -----
From: Central Florida Parent Center
To: flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 6:05 PM
Subject: Free Webinar Tomorrow Evening

                                Free Evening Webinar

                                Getting Over the Wall:  Communicating in the
IEP

                                Friday, September 5th  7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

                                Both parents and educators report that
I.E.P. meetings are some of the most stressful events of each school year.
Why?  Why would a meeting which generally only takes place once each year
cause such anxiety? This fun and interactive workshop examines the IEP
experience from both sides of the table and explores proactive solutions for
positive communication and collaborative results.

                                Speakers:

                                Anna Brynild is the mother of two daughters
(one with a disability). She has been with Central Florida Parent Center
since 2007 and as our Head IEP Coach, she oversees the IEP Coaching in our
30 county area. Anna has 10 years of experience working directly with
families to ensure they understand their rights and their responsibilities
under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA).

                                Wilbur Hawke is the father of two sons (one
with a disability) and was a stay at home dad after his youngest became sick
at six months. He successfully navigated hospitals, pediatricians, the early
intervention system, and the public school system. He was responsible for
the IEP and participated in all the meetings until his son was old enough to
make his own decisions. He has been teaching parents how to access the
special education process for twenty years. His goal is to help parents
understand how to do non-emotional, clearly documented, collaborative
business with a focus on outcomes. "Not personal, just business."

                                Space is limited, reserve your webinar seat
now:

                                https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/647431873

                                www.CentralFloridaParentCenter.org

                                Central FL Parent Center is the Parent
Training & Information Center for 30 counties in central and northeast
Florida. Our AWARE project is funded by the U.S. Department of Education,
Office of Special Education Programs under the Individuals with Disabilities
Education Improvement Act.  Staffed by parents, for parents, we serve
families of all ages (birth to 26) and all disabilities, completely free of
charge.

                                Habla Español.

                                (727) 789-2400   (888) 61-AWARE or (888)
612-9273

                                cfpc at CentralFloridaParentCenter.org

                                FOLLOW US ON:

                 Forward this email

                        This email was sent to flmom2006 at gmail.com by
candy at cflparents.org |
                        Update Profile/Email Address | Rapid removal with
SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

                        Central Florida Parent Center | 1021 Delaware Ave. |
P.O. Box 954 | Palm Harbor | FL | 34683