[Nfbf-l] Help Fund the Gap!

Tinetta Cooper tanetjec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 14:45:21 UTC 2015

Hello Judy and all,

I spoke to Paloma’s mother,Elizabeth Richey, this morning. She said the best way to help at this time is to visit www.palomasdream.comand follow the instructions below:

“Please help me realize my dream and let our legislators know that Florida kids like me need funding for services and equipment.  You can copy and paste this or write your own! :) Thank you! :)

"Please support a $3 million addition to the DOE/DBS/Client Services budget to help 6-13 year olds like my friend Paloma Rambana and 340 other kids who aren't getting lessons in Braille, travel skills or equipment. (Right now FL only serves ages 0-5 and 14+.  That makes no sense!)  Thank you."

Click here  <http://myflorida.com/> www.myflorida.com then go to "Find Your Legislator" on the left.

These lawmakers are on the Appropriations Committee.  Make sure to let them know how important funding my age group is, too!

 <http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Committees/committeesdetail.aspx?CommitteeId=2698> http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Committees/committeesdetail.aspx?CommitteeId=2698

My dream is that Florida's blind and visually impaired kids ages 6-13 get the help they need to succeed.

If you want to donate funds, follow the below instructions from Paloma’s website:

“My local Lighthouse needs money to start up the (now non-existent) Children’s Program. Until my dream comes true, kids age 6-13 with visual impairments won’t be served. The Lighthouse of the Big Bend really wants to get started. They need lesson plans, materials, technology like my CCTVs Cecile and Lucille, and, of course, a teacher!  Please donate online at https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/MakeDonation.aspx?ORGID2=59-2288754 under “Children’s Program”.”

Hope this helps,

Tinetta