[Nfbf-l] SunRail expansion

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 6 16:28:27 UTC 2015

Good morning.

I heard a report yesterday morning that was concerning about the SunRail
system.  It was reported that the president's budget proposal did not
include funds for the phase 2 expansion of the system.

While it was also reported there are negotiations with the Department of
Transportation on alternative means of securing funds, we need to impress on
our state and federal representatives that we need to make sure this system
becomes all it can be and that this project does not become shortchanged.

Being here in Volusia County I am most concerned with the new segment that
would bring the eastern terminus from DeBarry up to DeLand.

Perhaps this can be added to the list of talking points for those going up
to Tallahassee next week to visit our legislators.

We need to make sure our transportation choices are adequate.

Bill Outman

---