[Nfbf-l] FW: UNF invitations

Darlene Laibl-Crowe dlaiblcrowe at att.net
Sat Feb 21 16:12:26 UTC 2015

Dr. Shaw has asked me to share with others who are DeafBlind to attend the
following activities at UNF in Jacksonville.  Hope to see you there!
:) Darlene

Forwarded message below:

Darlene,

UNF in Jacksonville offers a course on Interpreting for Persons who are
DeafBlind and we have two sections of the course this semester. One is
taught by Laura Godbold and the other by me. We have a total of 25
interpreting students in this class who are learning the basics of human
guide and communication techniques for people all along the continuum.

We would like to invite you to two events at UNF that are part of our class
(interpreters, interpreters-in-training, and SSPs provided):

1.	Friday, March 6, 6:30-9:00 pm:  GAME and SOCIAL night with the
DeafBlind community
2.	Saturday, April 18, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm: Participate in class with a
group of DeafBlind mentors (last year we had 7 consumers come to our class);
participate in teaching students about DeafBlind issues and take a shopping
trip to the St. Johns Town Center.
Please let me know if we can discuss your participation. I would love the
opportunity to meet you!
Kind regards,
Sherry
Dr. Sherry Shaw
Professor/Program Director
ASL/English Interpreting Program
904.620.1811
OoVoo: drshawunf
Skype: sherrynjax
Master of Science Degree: General Practitioner
http://www.unf.edu/coehs/edie/asl/MS-ASL.aspx
Master of Science Degree: Interpreting Pedagogy
http://www.unf.edu/coehs/edie/vrsii/
Bachelor of Science Degree: http://www.unf.edu/edie/asl/ASL-BS.aspx
<http://www.unf.edu/coehs/edie/asl/ASL-BS.aspx>