[Nfbf-l] Call to action for space available

Denise Valkema valkemadenise at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 03:00:46 UTC 2016

Space Available:  H.R. 2264 and S. 2596:
This legislation will amend Title 10 of the United States Code to permit veterans who have a service-connected, permanent disability rating as "total" to travel on military aircraft in the same manner and to the same extent as retired members of the Armed Forces entitled to such travel. Please follow up with your congressmen and senators and ask them to support H.R. 2264 in the House of Representatives and S. 2596 in the Senate. The Capitol switchboard phone number is (202) 224-3121.

Last week we added cosponsors in the House and Senate, bringing our total to fifty-four cosponsors in the House of Representatives and four cosponsors in the Senate. The next few weeks will be crucial as the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is formulated in the respective houses of Congress. A significant number of cosponsors will increase the likelihood that our space available bill will be included in the larger legislative vehicle (the NDAA) and become law this year. Please call your legislators today!

Sincerely, Denise Valkema by iPhone