[Nfbf-l] Legislative action on Time Act

Denise valkemadenise at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 13:11:37 UTC 2016

TIME Act Developments:
There have been some exciting developments regarding the TIME Act (Transitioning to Integrated and Meaningful Employment Act) (H.R 188/S. 2001). Since our Washington Seminar in January 2016, both the Republican and Democratic parties have endorsed our bill in their 2016 platforms. Therefore, we should take this opportunity to follow up with our legislators and let them know that their parties support this important initiative to repeal Section 14(c) of the Fair Labor Standards Act that allows employers to pay disabled workers less than the minimum wage.

As you may be aware, members of the US House of Representatives and Senate will soon be returning to DC from their August recess. It is crucial that we send them emails which let them know that their party endorsed the TIME Act in their platform and request them to cosponsor the bill. Please copy Kimie Beverly atKBeverly at nfb.org on any email you send to your senators’ or representative’s office so she can follow up with additional information.

Sincerely, Denise Valkema, President NFBF by iPhone