[Nfbf-l] Article about NAC from this Month's Braille Monitor

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 1 21:14:24 UTC 2016

Hi Marion,
	I have to respectfully disagree with your stance on NAC. The Center
for the Visually Impaired just went through our re-accreditation process. It
took our executive director months to gather all of the required information
in preparation for the NAC team visit. They were with us for 3 days. During
that time they went over all of the information provided and required. They
questioned CVI staff extensively as well as the director.
	I and the rest of the CVI board had dinner with the accreditation
team while they were in town. I have to say that I was most impressed with
their knowledge, insightful questions, professionality and extensive review.
We are now awaiting their written report.
	All of the light houses in Florida have to be accredited to receive
funding from the Division of Blind Services. I truly believe that the
National Accreditation Council has evolved over the years to the extent that
blind people are given great consideration and respect. The head of NAC is
blind and is a very successful business man and accomplished executive
director. Again, I was most impressed!

Sincerely,

Kathy Davis