[Nfbf-l] Remote computer service, be cautious

Camille Tate Yankiecat1999 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 11 23:10:14 UTC 2017

For Bill and all others:

I think everyone needs to be cautious when you have pop-ups on your computer
screen or receive unsolicited phone calls from companies that purport to be
from Microsoft.

All of us should start with the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk, (800)
936-5900. Whether or not the work done is correct, some technical issues on
the newer Microsoft and Windows programs are included when you purchase
Microsoft or Windows products.

Sometimes the person tells you they are in the Windows Technical Department.
You will never be contacted, unsolicited, by anyone from Microsoft or
Windows, unless you have an ongoing issue they are working on.

I implore all of us to be extremely careful with pop-ups on our screens.
Especially if it tells you to call a specific phone number or company. Too
many of us have been scammed by this sort of contact.

Camille