[Nfbf-l] Reminder - Legislative Committee Conference Call

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Fri Dec 8 00:27:51 UTC 2017

Hi Sherri,

Here are some notes I took at the meeting;
Merry shared she spoke with John Pare prior to the meeting. Currently, the
National office is focusing on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Currently, there is no
senate bill number on this legislation.  John stated there will be a
legislative alert that will encourage NFB to contact their representatives
to cosponsor the Access Technology Act. Merry spoke about constituents of
Congresswoman Kathy Castor being a member of the conference in regards to
the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Camille spoke about the importance of the Parental Rights bill and remarked
that strategic planning needs to begin soon.  She shared the process and
what needs to be accomplished by this time next year.  Committee
participant, Vandenlon Hollan asked for clarification of the proposed bill
and then asked if this was for blind parents or were disabled parents
included.

Next meeting: January 16 2018 7 p.m.